Responsible for inspecting, testing, adjusting and repairing avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, pulse, navigation, auto pilot and compass systems, installed in aircraft, using hand tools and test equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjust, repair or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents, using hand tools. Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and to determine and record required post-flight repair work.
- Complies with FAR required maintenance such as 91.411 and 91.413 inspections.
- Operate ground station for air-to-station check of radar or other equipment. Fabricate wiring harnesses.
- Complies with Avionics upgrades and modifications. Performance of aircraft modifications.
- May require OCONUS travel.
- Position requires a U.S. Secret Clearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.