LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking APG Mechanic for an opportunity in San Antonio, TX
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This mechanic maintains, repairs, and modifies aircraft components of moderate difficulty, including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components. The selected technician applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Job requirements: must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform end-of-runway, post-flight, preflight, thru-flight, and phase inspections.
- Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
- Interprets maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, systems, components, and related equipment.
- Removes and installs aircraft components.
- Conducts functional tests of repaired components and systems.
- Adjusts, aligns, and rigs aircraft systems.
- Performs aircraft jacking, lifting, and towing operations.
- Performs aircraft and component operational checks.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation.
- Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair.
- Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems, and historical reports to ensure complete documentation.
- Inventories and maintains aircraft equipment.
- Technician will be required to assemble, disassemble, and/or modify systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes in accordance with engineering drawings, technical publication, and retrofit drawings.
- Maintain, repair and modify aircraft and components of moderate difficulty.
- Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems
- The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certifications required for assigned work.
- Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
- Work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees, while assisting lower level Mechanics.
- Perform all duties of lower level Mechanic classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
- Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
- Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.