Cabinetmaker II - Savannah GA
PDS Tech, Inc. •
Under general supervision, fabricates aircraft furniture and other wood-surfaced sub-assemblies using aircraft specifications, design and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions: 1. Works under general supervision to fabricate furniture and other wood-surfaced sub-assemblies using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. 2. Assembles, pins and glues cabinet shells. Installs drawer-slides, hinges, latches and other hardware in sub-assemblies. Applies exterior surface materials such as laminates, veneers, and cap strips. 3. Uses various types of stationary and hand-held power tools to fabricate or disassemble furniture. 4. Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior. 5. Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
1. Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques. 2. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Clyde at 813-463-2513 for more information
- High school diploma/GED. Basic knowledge of cabinetmaking processes, products and tools.
- Two (2) years experience in cabinetmaking.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of inspection and process specifications preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC