Aersale is currently seeking a Composite Mechanic to join their team in Memphis, TN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:• Perform such typical maintenance operations such as the removal and replacement of aircraft and powerplant components that require bolting, torquing, adjusting rigging and safety wiring, including powerplant and flight control removal and reinstallation.
• Repair, modify, replace or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems to ensure airworthiness.
• Know various types of aircraft sealant and appropriate method application for sealant as well as aircraft fasteners and basic methods of installation and suitable substitutions.
• Fabricate parts as required and have knowledge of metal and alloys and where substitutes may be used.
• Layout and perform complex structural repairs that are addressed in the repair manuals and engineering documents.
• Know the proper use of heat control units.
• Knowledgeable in the proper wear, cleaning, usage and storage of respirators .
• Knowledgeable of the proper use, handling and disposal of hazardous materials .
• Complete all tasks to the quality standards of the Company, FAA and our customers' approved maintenance manual.
• Perform work within estimated or budgeted hours .
• Read and use Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated parts Catalog, Blueprints, ATA Codes, Service Bulletins, routine and non-routines and other related maintenance documents in order to troubleshoot and effectively complete work assignments.
• Ensures that the Company and customer aircraft maintenance documents are accurate and properly annotated.
• Ensures documents are returned to the Technical Library and/or destroyed, as required, after jobs are complete.
• Use and operate safely all ground support equipment, (i.e., Main Lifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.) and possess the Company operating certification.
• Promote a culture of safety my monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the Company Team Member Safety Manual.
• Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable or condemned parts.
• Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co workers.
• Keep own and adjacent work area clean
• Able to work any or all shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)