Aero Air, a premier aviation company in the Pacific Northwest, is seeking an experienced Tanker Mechanic - Crew Chief/A&P Technician to support our Erickson Aero Tanker fleet of government contracted aircraft. Our goal is to provide our customers with aviation services of the highest quality. We are looking for highly motivated people who will take pride in being part of our team and the firefighting effort.
Erickson Aero Tanker operates year round firefighting operations, USFS MAP (Mandatory Assignment Period) dates can fluctuate from year to year based on allocations and fire conditions.
*This position is based in Madras, OR.
We offer a very $$$ competitive wage $$$ and excellent benefit package!
Aero Air offers a great benefits package which includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution and also may include additional pay based on incentives and bonus structure.
- A&P Technicians are primarily assigned to the Erickson Aero Tanker fleet of government-contracted aircraft. Government MAP
- Perform the required maintenance, troubleshooting and or repairs needed for aircraft anywhere in the United States in which the aircraft is located. To include locations which could include remote areas where modern conveniences may not always be available.
- Coordinate and manage the adjustment, repair, or replacement of malfunctioning components or assemblies, including the assembly of components such as switches, electrical controls and junction boxes using hand tools or soldering irons.
- Coordinate all 'AOG' activities, the troubleshooting of instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, voltmeters or other test equipment.
- Adhere to all FAA Regulations, the Aero Air Repair Station Manual, Operations Manual and all other Quality Manuals and or Regulations, ensuring that all documents are signed off completely, properly and timely in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates all activities with Maintenance Control and management team and other crew chiefs as necessary. Update manager as to aircraft status. Responsible for tasks, orders parts, assures accurate documentation, inspects completed work, completes operation tests and preliminary post-work inspections and completes work order forms.
- In addition to the duties listed, A&P Technicians will be required to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Accountable for tracking and accurately reporting all time worked and expenses incurred on a weekly basis with no exception. Failure to comply with accurate tracking requirements may result in the technician's removal from the crew. Ability to occasionally pre-book travel for reimbursement.
- Our contract with the US Forest Service requires 2 day's off in any 14 day window with a duty day of no more than 16 hours on during a 24 hour period. Crew members may relocate to different Tanker bases on a daily basis.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors for long periods of time, utilizing various types of equipment, stands, ladders, boom lifts, scissor lifts, tugs, forklifts, etc.
- Scheduled maintenance is accomplished during non-flying hours, sunset to sunrise.
- During flying hours Crew Chiefs can be required to help with fueling, retardant loading, cleaning windshields