Full-Time A&P Mechanic AS350 & MD500E
Jack Harter Helicopters •
Jack Harter Helicopters is hiring a full-time A&P helicopter mechanic. Candidate will work under and report to the Director of Maintenance. Must be organized, on-time, focused, and safety-oriented at all times. Company flights from the Lihue Airport on the Island of Kauai include year-round, daily operations under FAR Parts 135, 133, 136, and 91 with four MD500E helicopters and one Eurocopter AS350B2 helicopter.
Our maintenance is conducted from a new hangar at the Lihue Airport. This is the best working environment on Kauai for aircraft maintenance. The addition of this facility to our operations has been a great benefit to our operational availability. Ask for photos of the hangar when you send your resume.
Responsibilities: Performs scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance in accordance with all applicable FARs. Work schedule is fluid and includes day and night maintenance depending on flight operations. Perform daily/post flight/thru flight inspections as required and performs necessary maintenance to correct any malfunctions. Maintain aircraft log books, status reports, historical and administrative data as required. Comply with applicable Government and FAA rules and regulations on maintenance and follow appropriate aircraft technical data. Review work of co-workers to ensure the function/task is correct and complete and takes corrective action and/or training if necessary.
Compensation: Monetary compensation Depends Upon Experience.
Benefits: Paid annual vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription health insurance for the employee - paid 100% by JHH. Life Insurance. Company sponsored 401K with matching company contributions.
- Must be a US citizen or already have legal status to work in the USA.
- Must have completed high school or equivalent.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must have a current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate.
- Experience and knowledge to perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance on both Eurocopter AS350B2 and MD500E helicopters is preferred.
- Experience with Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 or Rolls-Royce 250C20 engines is necessary.
- Must have at least one year recent experience working full time as an aircraft mechanic.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge in the repair and maintenance of airframes, hydraulics, fuel systems and aircraft engines.
- Must be able to perform climbing, stooping, stretching, and other physical operations related to the job and lift up to 70 pounds.
- Must possess analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical and administrative details.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and to deal courteously and professionally with the all other company employees and outside entities such as suppliers, regulators, customers, and airport officials.
We are not looking for an apprentice mechanic at this time
We are not in a position that we can sponsor employees that do not have the full legal right to work in the USA.
Having said this, don't waste your and our time applying for this job if you do not have an A&P Certificate, some experience working on helicopters, and the legal ability to work in the USA!
(yes ... it happens all the time!)
tool shipping reimbursement
Job Ident #: