Heavy Maintenance Avionics Technician
Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services •
The Avionics Technician performs a variety of installation and maintenance of avionics hardware and wiring assemblies at customer standards of quality. The Avionics Tech will conduct operational checks, troubleshooting and the repair of avionics and electrical systems on all types of aircraft. Performs functional checks, ground and flight test procedures and reports and repairs resultant discrepancies. In addition will also determine power availability status of aircraft and provide recommendations for availability of aircraft electrical and avionics systems. Will fabricate and install wiring assemblies, static lines and associated mechanical equipment per drawings. Provide avionics technical guidance and assistance to aircraft electricians and other skill groups as required. Come chase a spark with us! Join the Airborne Team today!
- High school diploma OR GED
- Airframe license
- 2 years avionics experience, to include troubleshooting, in a heavy aircraft maintenance or modification environment
- 2 years experience in the removal, modification, and installation of aircraft avionic systems
- Ability to quickly and accurately troubleshoot and repair all types of avionics equipment and electrical systems using electrical schematics.
- Basic understanding of FAA regulations pertaining to CFR Part 145 repair station operations
- Must provide own tools
- FCC License and/or Power plant license
- 2 years previous experience at a FAR Part 145 repair station
- Graduate of electronics principles course or equivalent military training
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and to travel on an as needed basis to support off-site maintenance
- Eye/hand coordination and clear field of vision
- Ability to work at heights up to 80 feet and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in tight and confined spaces with respiratory equipment
- Ability to bend, crawl, twist, and other positions and sustain the position for extended period of time
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)