HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced HEAVY STRUCTURES TECHNICIANS in KANSAS CITY, MO.
The Heavy Structures Technician is responsible for all stages of heavy aircraft maintenance and repair to ensure airworthiness. Utilizing OEM and Engineering drawings to modify aircraft structure parts or interiors, perform C and D checks and routine maintenance on aircraft as required. The Heavy Structures Technician must be able to complete specialized tasks, such as flap peening, cold working, etc., fabricate repair parts using special shop tooling, such as brakes, stretchers, etc. and utilize special installation tools, such as blind rivet guns, etc. Operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned. Working on numerous aircraft types including Boeing and Airbus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
- Must have knowledge of fundamental maintenance operations and practices and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.Proficiency in relevant specialty of aircraft.
- Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
- Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
- Conduct operational tests.
- Help with general clean-up of work area.
- Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to Interpret maintenance manuals, wiring prints, and engineering drawings.
- High level of professionalism and attention to details. Able to take direction and fit in with the team.
- Good documentation skills for work performed and turnovers.
- Work with little or no direction.
- Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Good vision and depth perception.
- Work Environment: FAR Part 135 aircraft maintenance in a hangar and ramp environment. The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high. May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. This position requires use of a respirator.
Travel pay and Bonus offered