MD Helicopters, Inc. •
The A&P Mechanic Light Helicopter Technician inspects, repairs, maintains and modifies electrical, mechanical and structural components, assemblies and subassemblies on operating aircraft.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Installs, tests, troubleshoots, reworks and modifies components on complete aircraft to meet required specifications.
• Repairs and maintains operating aircraft including any task from build to delivery.
• Ensures that all inspections, preventive maintenance, modifications and documentation to the aircraft are completed.
• Corrects discrepancies using information from engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, or other documents as required.
• Uses manufacturing planning, tech manuals, written instructions, schematics, blueprints and other applicable technical data to assemble, install or replace aircraft components.
• Documents all aircraft maintenance actions using the required maintenance forms.
• Uses manufacturing shop stamp or test stamp to sign off completed work to include manufacturing planning, test procedures, inspection discrepancy records, product assurance records and applicable program documentation.
• Maintain a clean, safe and healthy work area
• Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Aviation mechanical experience required. (Fixed wing or Rotorcraft).
• Must have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, engineering drawing and technical publications.
• Ability to use and maintain various pieces of ground support and test equipment as required.
• The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
• Access to Export Control Information.
• Regular attendance at the worksite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• This job requires a minimum of high school education and 3 to 5 years work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• A&P required
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position is designated by the employer to be a safety-sensitive position.
• Work performed in an office and factory settings.
• Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
• Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Up to 10%
Job Ident #: