Who We Are
Advanced Helicopter Services is a medium sized full-service helicopter facility headquartered in Northern California. We provide worldwide around the clock service and support. Our AHS team consists of highly qualified factory trained technicians and knowledgeable support specialists that take pride in their work in the area of safety, reliability and responsiveness. We hope that you will join us as we continue to commit to Creating Raving Fans, Internally and Externally.
AHS values our employees and their families. All full-time employees are offered 100% paid medical*, dental and vision plans for its employees. Family medical is 50% employer paid. We also offer life/AD&D insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account, supplemental insurance and Paid Time Off.
*medical base plan is 100% covered.
The Law Enforcement Base Mechanic is directly responsible to the Services Program Manager for the performance and management of aircraft inspections, repairs, alterations, maintenance, and preventive maintenance.
What You’ll Do (essential functions) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft structures and related components including flight controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Installation and removal of any specialized equipment installed on helicopters in accordance with the standards of the manufacturer, supplemental type certificate(s) and/or field approvals, as appropriate.
- Maintains all special mission equipment installed on the helicopter, and ground support equipment.
- Establishes working relationships with the technical representatives of the various manufacturers of the aircraft, engine, and equipment.
- Uses the electronic maintenance manuals for the airframe and engine. Ensures that electronic maintenance manuals are available to pilots at each base 24 hours a day.
- Performs daily inspection (or after last flight inspection) prior to releasing the aircraft to service and prior to a pilot performing a preflight inspection.
- Applies technical knowledge of A&P systems to determine equipment malfunctions and applies expertise in restoring aircraft to safe, airworthy condition.
- Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements.
- Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner.
- Meets all job/Work Order deadlines, communicating to supervisor/manager when circumstances may prevent on-time completion.
- Updates computerized maintenance tracking systems.
- Assures proper information is communicated: job timelines, shop issues, parts delays, and change orders.
- Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Communication proficiency
- Project management
- Sound decision making
- Time management