At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide--one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson Service Centre is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. As the largest of Bombardier’s Service Centers, the facility services both Commercial and Business Aircraft, boasting over 1 million sq. ft. of total hangar space. Winner of several FAA Diamond Awards, Tucson will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2016. Located at Tucson International Airport, the 247,000 sq. ft. Business Aircraft facility’s dedicated team is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, India, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for a Lead A&P Technician (All Shifts) based in Tucson, AZ.
In this role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and or hangar positions
- Comply with Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
- Assist with fuel and/or de-fuel of aircraft
- Assist with engine removal / installation
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Coordinate workload, overtime and job assignments for team members in assigned functional area-
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to assigned employees in order to promote acquisition of technical proficiency and trouble shoot problems for assigned area(s)
- Monitor day-to-day activities for assigned area and report issues and risks to immediate supervisor
- Provide verbal and written turnover reports indicating status of work progress
- Oversee employee activities and document as required using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Sheet metal Repair Manuals (SRMs), Service Bulletin (SBs), scripts and tally books
- Assist in establishing a training plan for assigned area