Light Ship Mechanic and Lead positions open
Northwest Helicopters •
A&P Mechanic for Light Ships also looking for a Lead for Light Ships
- Reads and interprets maintenance manuals, or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned tasks.
- Cleans and inspects drive & rotor components and parts for damage and wear using visual examination and special tooling and equipment. Follows shop standard work procedures for clean-up and equipment prevention maintenance.
- Replaces or repairs damaged or worn drive & rotor parts using general hand tools, special tools, pneumatic tools and precision measuring equipment. Assembles components with same tools and equipment.
- Performs tests and/or checks as required to confirm drive & motor parts serviceability utilizing special tools and equipment.
- Properly documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records to meet established standards.
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and DOD control.
- Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
- Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pay: $37 hr is the lowest.
- Start Date: Current openings NOW
- We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), Vacation Pay, and Holiday Pay.
- Drug Free Workplace
A leader in the aviation industry, Northwest Helicopters LLC provides parts, service and component overhauls, in addition to other offerings. Located in Olympia, WA on 15 acres we have 18 heli-pads and fixed wing access. Privately owned, we stand out by having the largest inventory of UH-1H aircrafts and spares. We have refurbished more than 50 Hueys for customers all over the nation and world. Come join us and be part of a team that feels like family!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is desirable
- Requires a strong aptitude for learning, acquiring new mechanical skills and knowledge
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license required
- Documented military or commercial maintenance training preferred
- Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment
- Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
- Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally or in remote locations as needed for customer support
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Pass drug and alcohol testing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Any of the following)
- 1+ years mechanical experience preferred but not mandatory
- Bell Helicopter shop, field, and component overhaul models 206, 407,429, 505, UH-1H
- MD field Shop, field, and component OH experience.
- Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk experience
- Avionics installation and repair
- Sheet metal repair experience
- Forest fire field experience.
Experience in the below Airframes (any or all):
- MD 500 series
- 47 series
- 206 series
- 407 series
- 429 series
- 505 series
37 hr-45 hr
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)