Performs setup, calibration, maintenance and operation of machining equipment, including computer numerically controlled equipment, to make complex precise cuts, bends, alignments and forms of requisite materials. Cross-trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, programming and operation on a variety of machining equipment including lathes, radial arm drills, grinders, drill presses, milling machines, computer numerically controlled and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies and fabricate and assemble tools and fixtures.
• Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
• Computes dimensions and tolerances and measures and lays out work pieces.
• Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance.
• Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, tool design, fabrication methods and processes.
• Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, eleticity &pneumatics
• Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Strong mathematical aptitude.
• Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
• Basic computer skills.
• Completion of machinist’ apprenticeship program; or equivalent
• Attainment of trade certification
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Ident #: