Maintenance Controller - Ocoee, FL
HQ Aero Management Inc. •
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced MAINTENANCE CONTROLLERS in Ocoee, FL
The Maintenance Control provides direct oversight of any unscheduled or routine maintenance. Initiates MELs and ensures MEL procedures are followed. Coordinates all outstation maintenance activities. Maintenance Control is the focal point for communications and coordination with Operations for the Maintenance department. The successful candidate must be a highly motivated, organized, and team-oriented leader. They must have proven experience maintaining aircraft types operated by the operator.
- Providing maintenance coordination and oversight for the Part 135 Charter Fleet.
- Coordinate with DOM/Flight Ops/Maintenance Planner/Parts/MX Vendors/FBOs/Flight crews on maintenance events.
- Evaluate reported aircraft discrepancies and develop an appropriate recovery plan (AOG).
- Must be capable of conveying a high level of technical support to flight crews and MX vendors.
- Administer and control the use of Minimum Equipment List (MEL) and Configuration Deviation List (CDL) to ensure flight safety and regulatory compliance.
- Open and track work orders and record maintenance compliance in the appropriate tracking program.
- Monitor aircraft cycles and flying hours to ensure time-sensitive inspections, scheduled maintenance, or MEL/CDL expiration times do not lapse.
- Review aircraft work packages to ensure compliance with all applicable FARs and General Maintenance Manual procedures
- Responsible for releasing aircraft for RTS in accordance w/ company and FAA guidelines.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to perform maintenance (Clear MELs or preventative MX) when operational schedules permit.
- Coordinate administrative processes for aircraft ferry permit authorization.
- Determine and supply required manuals and tasks for aircraft repair to vendors.
- Contract/Variable/On-Call: Day shift is 8:00am to 4:30pm M-F. Night shift is from 2:30pm to 11:00pm.
- Availability to travel and work during nights, weekends, & holidays as needed.
- Previous Maintenance Control experience preferred.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Ability to pass DOT background check.
- Criminal Background Check & Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening checks are mandatory.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)