• Performs dismantling and assembly of complete engines, modules, components and assemblies in accordance with all customer, regulatory, and company requirements using hand or power tools.
• Troubleshoots to identify problems and adjusts and repairs products according to specifications and established procedures.
• Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to identify product discrepancies and deficiencies.
• Interprets technical standards, drawings, specifications, and other relevant documentation using mechanical precision measuring tools and instruments as required; verifies the conformance of parts to manuals and blueprints with respect to measurements.
• Uses machines, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, plant equipment and consumables necessary to carry out the required tasks.
• Checks for serviceability, conformity documentation completeness and compatibility to applicable standards.
• Replaces defective parts and reassembles units ensuring conformance with applicable regulations and manufacturer's specifications.
• Maintains detailed repair and certification records and reports of work performed.
• Assures that only airworthy equipment is available for the safe and timely completion of customer's engines, modules, components and assemblies.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
• Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics, graphs, blueprints, and other technical information.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• Extensive product knowledge of respective business segment.
• Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
• Ability to follow and understand related company instructions, company processes, overhaul manuals, and original equipment manufacturer's manuals.
• Specialized training in engineering or aircraft maintenance (AME, A&P, AMT); or equivalent.
• Experience as an aircraft mechanic in an aerospace environment.
• Ability to work day shift or second shift as required.
• F110 engine MRO experience preferred.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)