Flightstar Aircraft Services LLC. •
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DOT STATUS: Non-Covered
SHIFT: First Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: The QA Auditor performs Internal Audits of company processes, equipment and facilities to ensure compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements. The individual participates in audits of the company conducted by regulatory authorities, customers and other organizations and ensures the company implements necessary corrective actions. The QA Auditor conducts audits of suppliers as required.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REPORTS TO: QA Manager
- Performs audits of facilities, internal and external processes to ensure compliance with company policies and FAA requirements.
- Participates in and serves as a liaison during audits of the company conducted by regulatory authorities, customers and other organizations.
- Audits the approved vendors and maintains a vendors list.
- Disseminates findings to departments, and coordinates audit responses.
- Develops and recommends corrective actions to audit findings.
- Maintains a current knowledge of FAA requirements, customer requirements, technical information, procedural information, and inspection techniques through adequate research and technical reading.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures with regard to all assigned functions.
- Generates and/or ensures that necessary periodic reports are prepared as directed.
- Instructs employees in various departments on the contents and requirements of the Repair Station/Quality Control Manual.
- Maintains Work Order files and the Technical Library.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some Travel to audit Contract Maintenance Providers is required.
SUPERVISES: Non-Supervisory position
HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION: In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum five (5) years of aircraft maintenance experience, airline or repair station experience. Minimum three (3) years of experience completing aircraft maintenance paperwork and document procedures. Minimum one (1) year of experience performing quality audits preferred. Must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements imposed by the FAA and EASA. Familiar with root cause analysis and corrective action development processes.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
OTHER: FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate in good standing is preferred. ASQ or C.A.S.E. training highly desirable.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Position requires proficiency in software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
SAFETY: Work safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Adhere to Flightstar’s SMS safety culture.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE: Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Manager.
Job Ident #: