Quality Control (QC) Inspector
Flightstar Aircraft Services LLC. •
Performs skilled work in the inspection of aircraft parts, structures, and systems in accordance with applicable standards and specifications.Performs both visual and dimensional inspections.Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs both simple and complex inspection procedures on aircraft parts, structures, and systems in accordance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Performs both primary inspections and buy-back inspections as assigned.
- Performs both visual and dimensional inspections properly and accurately.
- Writes up inspection items accurately, noting discrepancies clearly.
- Uses micrometers, gauges, calipers, indicators, and other measuring instruments and test equipment in the performance of skilled inspection work.
- Performs NDT and/or borescope inspections when applicable.
- Prepares necessary records such as inspection documentation, logs, or other records thoroughly, legibly, and in a timely manner.
- Performs buy-back inspections ensuring that previously noted and subsequently repaired items have been properly completed and documented.
- Interprets blueprints, drawings, and other technical data.
- Researches and retrieves technical data as necessary.
- Maintains an updated, current knowledge of technical information and inspection techniques and requirements through adequate research and technical reading.
- Lifts and carries measuring instruments, tools, and test equipment; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears and utilizes appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: QC Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Non-supervisory role
HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION: In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate
supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of four (4) years of aircraft maintenance experience on aircraft types consistent with those serviced by Flightstar, providing knowledge of inspection and measurement techniques, related work techniques, terminology, parts, etc.
EDUCATION:High School Diploma or GED required.
OTHER: FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate in good standing.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Position requires proficiency in software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
SAFETY: Work safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Adhere to Flightstar’s SMS safety culture.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE: Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of
the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Manager.
Job Ident #: