High School Diploma or GED required. Two (2) years experience of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
Sheetmetal Technician I works independently or with moderate
supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in
Must have Aircraft Sheet-metal Experience, Aircraft sheet-metal layout, Aircraft fabrication, and installation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicate as required. to receive and understand work
assignments. Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely
manner. Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer
specifications, and Gulfstream standard of quality.
2. Ask questions as
needed to understand processes and responsibilities. Keep Leads
informed of progress, problems, and job status.
3. Properly identify
(tag) and store customer property and equipment.
4. Assist with
disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors.
5. Sign off drawings
and Work Order items.
6. Coordinate with the Inspection department to
ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved Gulfstream
repair station procedures.
7. Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining
productivity and standards of quality.
8. Use the resource planning
system to produce picklists and enter daily labor against correct Work
Order and item numbers.
9. Effectively use technical reference
materials. Learn how to find information.
1. Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen
2. Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and
3. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools
as assigned by Supervisor.
4. Comply with safety rules and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (cutting,
bending, forming, drilling) is required.
2. Blueprint reading and basic
math skills are required.
3. Possess a working knowledge of the
Gulfstream Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual,
and pertinent Process Specifications.
4. Ability to read, write, speak,
and understand the English language.
Additional InformationDepartment: J0526-Service Center F Bay