Sheetmetal Tech/LO Coater - Edwards AFB, CA - 130039
Global Technical Services •
Our client is looking for a Sheetmetal Tech/LO Coater to work in California! Apply today with your most recent resume and if you meet the qualifications a recruiter will be in contact with you!
The ideal candidate for this position will perform the following tasks:
* Read and interpret F-22 engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes
* Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders.
* Work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
* Utilizes tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
* Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
* Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
* Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft where methods and operational sequences are not established, complete information is not readily available, and tooling is not provided or is inadequate, exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained
* Completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods
* Verifies application/condition of installed materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repair
* Removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes.
* Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers.
* Record data and procedural information for future use by others.
* Improvises shop aids to facilitate fabrication, application or assembly operations.
* Fabricates shims, brackets and plates as required and performs assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections as required.
* Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
* Will mostly be working modification and some LO restore
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
* Must have the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance; Interim clearance acceptable to start
* Must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in fighter aircraft maintenance.
* Knowledgeable of Tool Control, FOD, Supply, HAZMAT, Training, Quality, and Security programs
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
* F-22 experience is preferred.
* F-22 Low Observable materials application
Benefits: Visit http://www.teamglobal.com/benefits.html for more details.
Job Ident #: