AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to the worldwide commercial aerospace and government/defense industries. AAR combines a close-to-the-customer business model with a broad menu of capabilities to help customers operate more efficiently, lower costs and maintain high levels of quality, safety and service. We are a financially stable, dedicated partner with an enduring commitment to innovation, execution, continuous improvement and customer value. At AAR we are committed to doing it right, and we have built our core values based on that premise.
The Senior Administrator, Quality Systems will maintain and drive quality business process initiatives and monitor QMS compliance, assisting business leaders in establishing and maintaining a system of QMS compliance, oversight, preparedness, pertinent policies, concise processes, and compliant procedures. Oversee the collection of data, data and trend interpretation, information management and dissemination.
BASIC POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee the compliance maintenance operations for the following QMS certifications for Defense and Commercial operating sites to; ISO 9001, AS9120, AS9100, AS9110
- Coach AAR Spoke sites on obtaining and maintaining ISO/AS accreditations
- Review Root Cause Corrective Action responses, validate findings, provide training, Corrective Action implementation and sustainment verification
- Host customer audits
- Administer Annual Management Review Meeting
- Plot KPI Metrics
- Compose Presentation
- Present and collect notes
- Support monthly Operations & Quality Meeting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Initiate and incorporate changes to processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the QMS, to include updating Procedures, Policies, and QMS Manuals as required, ensuring training and timely communication of any revisions.
- Initiate, coordinate, schedule, monitor, collect information, and oversee the following;
- Data collection, trending, analysis
- Meeting Management
- Compliance Oversight
- Management Reviews
- Follow Up / Follow Through
- Ensure the Quality and Safety Goals are posted and communicated to all levels of the organization and ensure management awareness.
- Ensure Goal trending data is collected, monitored, and reported to ensure/verify/track Goal accomplishment or short comings.
- Ensure QMS certifications, and customer requirements are monitored, and requirement compliance is consistent, ensure management awareness and support needs are communicated to all levels of the organization.
- Assist with preparation, scheduling, and coordination of pre-audit actions for all external audits are accomplished. Participate when necessary in Customer/Regulatory audits.
- Assist AAR management with contract reviews to ensure/verify processes and procedures are in place as required under the contract.
- Schedule and coordinate with data providers, collect and disseminate required reporting information, prepare minutes for monthly meetings for all review boards:
- Business Process Review Board
- Supplier Review Board
- Customer Review Board
- Management Review
- Quarterly Management Review
- Program Management Review
- Corrective Action Boards
- Mentor, direct and train internal auditors, including assisting in preparation of internal audit schedules.
- Ensure IMOPS security audits have been performed.
- Audit team will be responsible for auditing off-site locations as well as Wood Dale.
- Participate in development of training materials and providing training to new employees on business processes and systems (procedure overview).
- Work with business units and corporate quality to ensure auditing requirements are met.
- Supervise Quality support functions responsible for quality records maintenance and documentation and administrative support.
- Up to 20% travel will be required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines
- Problem Solving: ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes