Sr Machinist - CA - 176428
Chipton Ross Inc •
Duration 5 Months
Description Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machinist for an opening in Goleta, CA.
• Setting up and operating manual lathes, mills, saws and all standard shop equipment.
• Machining titanium, aluminum, plastics, steel and other materials to engineering drawings
• Measuring parts using standard machine shop measuring tools
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
• Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions, blueprints, shop drawings and engineering specifications
• CAD/CAM experience on HAAS equipment
• Surfcam or Mastercam skills a plus
• Tool/Mold maker, prototype and Setup experience preferred
• Excels in a team environment; applies teamwork attitude, integrity and work ethics
• Exerts up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
• Excellent manual dexterity is required to operate the technical instruments and equipment appropriate to assembly.
• 10 years machining experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred
• 5+ years of experience with CNC lathe, milling machines
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC