Structural Assembler - 177795
Chipton Ross Inc •
Duration 3 Months CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Structural Assembler for an opening in Pinellas Park, FL.
- Performs a variety of operations to manufacture, assemble and/or refurbish aircraft parts and structures such as F-16 canopies, F-35 canopies, and C-130 sub-assembly components.
- Assemblies can require controlled tooling as well as build to print.
- Tasks include aligning parts on jigs using both templates and fixtures.
- Performs part-fitting operations such as minor filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, drilling, reaming, riveting, countersinking, and cold working.
- Measures parts with a variety of methods to verify dimensions.
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes and perform repairs. Works from blueprint diagrams, drawings, specifications, and shop orders.
- Monitors and verifies quality and develops corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No relocation assistance provided.
- 1 - 2 years of sheet metal assembly/aircraft sheet metal structure experience is required.
- Previous experience as an Assembler and/or Aircraft Structures Mechanic is highly preferred.
- Previous aircraft structure on the F-16, C-130, and F-35 is highly preferred.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all levels, to work in teams or independently and communicate effectively with co-workers or supervisory staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mathematical ability to perform and/or understand the calculations used in assigned areas and ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and technical data.
- Competently uses computers and other systems to access, maintain and manipulate data
$18.00 -$23.00 DOE
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)