Sheetmetal Mechanic [WI-M]
CAT Aerostaffing •
- Must have sheetmetal tools.
- Experience using complicated shop tool and equipment.
- Experience in using metals including stainless steel, copper sheets, magnesium, honeycomb material and alloys.
- Experience demonstrating the use of more complicated mathematical calculations and complicated measuring instruments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fabricates and fits patches to damaged areas, determining repair detail neccessary to retain or restore original strength.
- Troubleshoots aircraft structural repair situations in such areas as fuselage, tails, wings, cowlings and stabilizers.
- Aligns and balances component structures and airframe using precision measuring instruments and levels.
- Inspects damage or deterioration and determines repair or replacement of plastic, fiberglass, composites, bonded structures, and bonded honeycomb assemblies using powered and nonpowered tools and equipment.
- Manufactures and ensures that metal tubing, conduits and cables are fabricated and tested in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Performs fabrication of local manufactured items required for aircraft and equipment.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)