SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:Develop, implement and continuously improve manufacturing procedures for RDD to meet the needs of RDD customers. These procedures include, but are not limited to, developing, fabricating, wet and dry lay-up processes, aircraft assembly processes and related company systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1. To participate in the construction of aircraft structural parts and assemblies and manage the interactive needs of the department to the company including project planning, materials ordering and outside supplier relationships.
2. To oversee and engage in the following:
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Operations Manager
- Fabricate composite parts and composite tooling
- Assemble composite structures using RDD defined tooling and processes
- Develop best practices for manufacturing and assembly areas
- Develop and improve detailed written instructions and records
- Interact with other RDD departments as needed, recognizing them as internal customers
- Ensure RDD property is maintained
- Manage and develop area personnel with excellence: Set expectations, Foster teamwork and ensure safety & health of department; Create an environment for success
- Maintain scheduled work to RDD master schedule
- Set and oversee quality
- Identify resources needed and why they are needed; Request and manage resources
- Protect company interests
- Other duties as assigned