This paid internship is from May to August. Actual dates will vary based on individual intern's needs. Interns work normal business hours Monday through Friday. Interns are responsible for providing their own housing and transportation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in achieving the corporate mission of providing a safe environment for employees and customers. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about and be exposed to each function of an airline safety department. Primary area of focus is processing Aviation Safety Reports submitted through the online employee Safety Reporting System. Reviewing and assisting with investigating reports received through the company’s Aviation Safety Action Programs (ASAP) and Fatigue Risk Management Plan (FRMP). Research into known or suspected safety concerns, assisting in creating presentations, and reviewing manuals. Provide support for developing proactive safety solutions including publication of Safety Bulletins and Safety Awareness newsletters. Additional duties may involve interaction with the Piedmont Flight and Maintenance Departments, as well as some travel. Daily responsibilities include data entry, data analysis and project development. After successfully completing the internship, the intern will have an overall knowledge needed to understand all elements of safety.
* Minimum of one year of progress towards a degree with a major or minor in safety or aviation/ aeronautical science
* Excellent communication and Microsoft Office Suite skills required
* Organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, handles multiple tasks, problem solving skills, and the ability to set and meet deadlines
* General knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, OSHA Regulations, and procedures regarding airline safety
* Standard office environment, computer and other office equipment
* Some travel is required
* Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators – Major Opportunities