City Manager - AUS
Frontier Airlines, Inc. •
City Manager - AUS
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The City Manager is responsible for delivering outstanding and safe operational performance, customer service, and financial performance in one or more Frontier airport locations. The City Manager is the primary Frontier representative to both the airport and business partner for the station and serves as both a liaison and representative for all customers, internal and external. The City Manager reports directly to the Director, Stations and has regular / daily interaction with Frontier officers and directors.
- Safety – Be a champion for safety through accountability, awareness and communication. Ensure that all employees, direct and business partner, understand the importance of safety and require that they conduct themselves in a manner that reflects this value and enhances the level of safety of the company.
- Operational Performance – Ensure outstanding operational performance through effective cross-functional leadership during day to day operations. Work with other operational and planning departments to influence and improve day-to-day performance. Ensure front-line visibility to station and corporate goals and drive continuous improvement through effective management and development of processes and procedures.
- Customer Service – Lead a team to deliver superlative customer service through engagement, motivation, coaching and leadership. Be a tireless advocate of Low Fares Done Right and effectively communicate its meaning to Frontier’s business partners and front-line teams.
- Fiscal Responsibility – Continuously strive to lower costs through identification and elimination of inefficiencies and improvement of local contracts.Executive Interaction – Interact with Frontier Officers and Directors. Collaborate with senior management to provide strategic and operational planning input for the Customer Service Division as well as the company. Report progress and results to senior management on a regular basis.
- Regulatory Compliance – Ensure compliance with all airline and government agency regulations and protocols. Monitor compliance to all FAA, TSA and DOT regulations. Establish sound working relationships with FAA, TSA, Customs, Immigrations, airport authorities, and business partners. Where applicable, ensure all international requirements are met and complied with, working with CBP and governments where necessary to procure rights and slots.
- Vision – Keep an open mind to new ideas and ways of conducting business, while focusing on the company’s goals and business plan. Foster an environment where employee suggestions are vetted and implemented when in line with the company’s direction.
- Visible and Active Leadership – Be a willing, motivational leader who seeks out opportunities to get in front of employees and business partner employees/leadership to establish excellent two-way communication. Be a role model for others to follow.
- Availability – Be available 24/7. This includes phone calls, texts, and email responses in real time.Data Analysis – Have the ability to interpret and pull reports from multiple company reporting platforms.
- Business Partner Satisfaction – Ensure each city is led by experienced, motivated, energetic, polished, professional business partner managers and supervisors who focus on safety, operational performance, customer service, communication, employee engagement, and fiscal performance.
- Reward and recognition – Identify successes and seek ways to recognize superior performance while ensuring high standards are set and maintained.
- Appearance – Ensure that a high standard is set with regard to the appearance of our business partners, facilities and equipment.
- Administration and Quality Assurance – Manage the contractual requirements of the stations, ensuring that local management is adhering to set standards. Monitor compliance with all training, safety, financial and operational goals, ensuring that business partners understand and perform to the level of expectation and operational excellence expected by Frontier.
- Technology – Assist in the assessment, justification, implementation, and performance of technology to make our stations as efficient as possible, working with the Information Technology Division (IT).Perform other functions as indicated by the Director, Stations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years prior passenger airline experience in a leadership role
- Previous City Manager experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to lead employees of business partners and provide guidance and direction.
- Ability to become qualified in all required training courses.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance and lead process improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage and justify station budgets.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, leadership, delegation, collaboration, critical-thinking, and problem solving.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Aviation Administration Regulations, Transportation Security Administration, Department of Transportation, Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as any other regulatory entities
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (including methamphetamines and MDMA), Opiates (including codeine, heroine, 6-Am, and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Job Ident #: