Customer service agents work together as a team to provide excellent customer service and meet corporate objectives. Customer service agents must keep both the company goals and customer expectations in mind when completing their daily tasks. Responsibilities include computerized passenger boarding, flight announcements, assisting customers with special needs, ticket sales, flight itinerary changes, seat assignments, and tracing mishandled luggage; also baggage loading, operation of motorized service vehicles and equipment, aircraft servicing, calculating baggage and cargo weights, and other duties as assigned.
* 18 years of age or older
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid Driver’s License
* Ability to work all shifts, all days including nights, weekends, holidays
* Work outside in all weather conditions
* Able to lift up to 70 pounds
* Successful completion of training course
* Previous airline experience
* Previous employment as a front-line customer service provider
* Basic knowledge of computer applications and programs
* Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Business or related field
* Airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
* Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting up to 70 pounds; provide assistance to customers with disabilities
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required
We also require proof of High School or GED completion
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available
M/F Disabled and V et EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators – Major Opportunities