Electronic Packaging Design Engineer
Boeing Company •
El Segundo,California,United States
The Boeing Company's Space Electronics organization is seeking an Electronic Packaging Design Engineer (Early Career) who is interested in designing future generations of satellite electronics. This position is based in El Segundo, CA.
Job Responsibilities to include:
- Maintain detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products.
- Develop detailed designs of limited scope.
- Conduct various methods of testing and analysis to support design.
- Gather data for technical performance measures and performs basic analysis.
- Provide basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Conduct trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
- Work under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
2000 hours of Mentor experience focused on Library Part Creation and Check Processes
Previous exposure to PWB (Printed Wiring Board) library processes
Previous exposure to PWB design processes
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
Experience with Lean practices/theory and its application to the non-recurring engineering process
Prior library process and part creation experience
Ability to work independently to create and execute plans
Typical Education and Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Space and Launch
United States; The Boeing Company
Job Ident #: