Chipton Ross Inc •
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of different computerized numerical controlled machine tools to perform a wide range of turning, drilling, milling or tapping operations on precision machined components in a work-cell environment. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
- Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging equipment such as Sunnen gauges and plug gauges.
- Machine and install chuck jaws as required.
- Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets.
- Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
- Install programs into machine.
- Activate units of different types of computerized numerical controls to manufacture a finished machined product by performing a wide range of machining operations to turn, face, bore, drill, thread, ream components with tight tolerances. Make adjustments to offset coordinates to compensate for materials, tooling or machine center conditions.
- Set up and/or verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation.
- May be required to operate multiple machines.
- Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve problem situations as required.
- Rotate between various department work centers as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Enters data into ERP system.
- Supports Continuous Improvement/RBS activities.
- Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25 lbs.
- Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating CNC lathe or CNC mill machines, with basic knowledge and some experience of set ups.
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience, and knowledge of machining principles and methods for computer numerical controlled machine tools required
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and blue prints in English.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- External candidates will be required to pass a Machinist test which measures mechanical aptitude.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for an entire shift.
Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)