Ramp Unit Managers oversee the operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures; manage a staff with various assigned duties; ensure adequate staffing coverage; manage daily operations, focusing on safety and performance; coach and provide career development to staff; issue work assignments, rotations, and directives; conduct employee performance reviews; correct non-compliant behavior (imposing disciplinary action as required); and perform other related duties, as assigned. Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to, daily/weekly/monthly reports.
Ramp Unit Managers must understand the corporate culture, policies and procedures, and take measures to implement these into daily work routines. Ramp Unit Managers must also keep both corporate goals and customer expectations in mind when overseeing daily operations.
* Proven success as a team leader with the ability to preplan manpower and equipment
* Ability to work independently, set and meet own deadlines
* Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
* Ability to defuse conflicts among subordinate employees
* Familiarity with MS Office Suite
* Prior experience with internal controls processes for accountable items
* Flexible schedule
* Motivation to succeed
* At least 18 years of age
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid Driver’s License
* Two years of supervisory experience (both Ramp and Customer Service)
* Working knowledge of AOA environment
* Extensive knowledge of QIK, Sabre & ICM
* Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Business or related field
* Airport ramp en vironment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
* Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
Stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting up to 70 pounds; provide assistance to customers with disabilities
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators! Major Opportunities!