Aircraft Painter-Springfield, IL
Global Technical Services •
- Call today about our Bonuses offered on each position!!!
- Prepares aircraft surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding and treating metal surfaces with chemicals
- Applies aerodynamic sealer, and masks the aircraft using tapes and
paper products (to protect windows, seals, struts, cables, etc.) in
preparation for the paint process.
- Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers’ maintenance manual specifications.
- Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces.
(Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and
- Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation.
- Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
- Applies registration number, external markings, placards, emergency
borders, wing walks, etc. within regulations and specifications.
- Familiar with and understands composite and problem areas on a variety of corporate aircraft.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years related experience.
- Requires knowledge of all types of paints and thinners.
- Must be qualified to prepare aircraft exteriors, interiors and panels for proper application of paint, as per set standards.
- Is able to minimize rework through proficiency in paint preparation and application.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders frequently.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to visually inspect.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- Must be able to safely operate lift equipment.
Global contractors can take advantage of a number of voluntary customizable and flexible benefit programs available.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness
- AFLAC – Select Products
Find out more by visiting the benefits page on this website.
Use the following link:
Job Ident #: