Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
2. Assist supervision with assignment and accomplishment of work for assigned team members. Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by setting a good example for other painters to follow. Act on behalf of supervision as required.
3. Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
4. Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
5. Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
6. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
7. Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
1. Comply with Paint shop standard practices (SPT) process and WFR processes.
2. Mentor other members of Paint operations as required.
3. Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities
4. Perform other duties as required.
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
3. Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
4. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
5. Must be computer literate.
Benefits Package offered with paid time off and 401k