***Applicants to this posting are eligible to participate in the FedEx Purple Runway Pathways Program***
Join an innovative airline with over 40 years of history. Empire Airlines, known for our “WE CAN DO THAT!” attitude, is looking for a Home-Based FedEx Feeder Part 121 ATR Captain to join our team.
***This position is a Roamer position that will fly throughout our system and provide coverage as needed. The Domicile will be "Home Based" and will need to meet the requirements outlined below.***
Home Base Policy:
Empire Airlines has been a FedEx Feeder operator since 1988 providing flight and maintenance services throughout the Western United States. Our fleet consists of ATR 42, ATR 72 and Cessna Caravan 208 aircraft throughout our 18 domiciles servicing over 40 cities.
- Home base pilots will designate one airport from which all travel to and from duty assignments shall commence and terminate. This home base airport on record will be subject to Company approval and shall have daily service to multiple hubs on a minimum of two major network carriers or their regional partners (i.e. Alaska/Horizon, American/American Eagle, Delta/Delta Connection, Southwest, and United/United Express).
- The Company will provide employee parking only at the pilot’s approved home base airport on record.
- A home base pilot may elect to travel to or from an airport other than his or her airport of record provided such routing is more cost effective than that from the pilot’s airport of record. Parking will not be provided for trips commencing or ending at an alternate airport.
- The schedule rotation will be two weeks of duty followed by one week off. A home base pilot shall not manipulate schedules to fly more than two weeks in a row to bank multiple weeks off for a later date.
- Weeks off are limited to sixteen per calendar year with no weeks off in the December “Peak” period.
- A week is defined as a consecutive seven day calendar period.
- The company may change a week off due to unusual factors such as training issues (i.e. availability of simulators and instructors).
- Home base pilots will earn applicable compensation adders but will not accrue RX days.
- A pilot who elects a home base roamer position in an Empire domicile will not receive applicable compensation adders when flying runs to or from that domicile (i.e. a Wichita home based roamer pilot will not receive the TDY adder when flying ICT-AFW-ICT).
- Home base pilots at a location outside of an existing Empire base will receive a regional pay incentive comparable to the baseline location of Spokane.
- Pilots may voluntarily forfeit a week off for additional duty and associated compensation, and a forfeited week off shall not be retained or banked for a later date.
- For a new hire pilot entering the home base program, PTO/Sick time will accrue at a rate of 40 hours per year with a maximum accrual cap of 120 hours in the pilot’s bank. At six months after date of hire the Pilot will have accrued and have access to 20 hours of PTO.
- The pilot’s residence will serve as the basis for state income tax purposes.
- Current roamer pilots will be maintained under the Rx system until adequate staffing levels allow us to switch roamers to home base.
- The company reserves the right to manage and change the ratio of home based to domiciled pilots in the system.
Employee benefits include PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, travel benefits, paid holidays, healthy lifestyle incentives, referral program, and other optional benefits. For eligible employees, we also offer Known Crewmember (KCM) and CASS (jump seat) benefits.
Please apply at www.empireairlines.com/careers for consideration.
The ATR Captain will be responsible for the safe, smooth, efficient operation of the aircraft in compliance with Empire Airlines policy and procedures and FAA regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely maneuver aircraft in all phases of flight;check all conditions concerning the flight, including weather, cargo safety and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and assure proper loading; make alternate destination decision should the intended destination not be available.
- Be in command of all situations as they arise relating to any unusual circumstances occurring during the flight; maintain responsibility for all communications during the flight with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers; file all reports required by the FAA and report any unusual behavior of the aircraft in flight to proper dispatch or maintenance personnel; maintain proper records of flight hours in conjunction with Dispatch to assure proper FAA rest requirements and Company directives are met;
- Supervise and evaluate staff; maintain familiarity and knowledge of new concepts and innovations, changes in regulations, procedures and improvements concerning the safe operations of all Company aircraft; maintain full knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures,manuals, handbooks and protocol; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader for the Company and its customers and policies for the industry and its participants.
- Review Company bulletins and other correspondence, e-mails and voicemail on a daily basis; submit all transmittals, expense reports and other Company documents/correspondence accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that is consistent with these principles; provide guidance, direction, management and support in a secure and dignified work environment; promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
- Other related duties as assigned.