Citation Excel -SIC- Austin, TX
Mountain Aviation, Inc. •
Come Fly For Us!
Here at Mountain Aviation, we strive to provide our customers with a unique charter experience through an environment that fosters continuous improvement, teamwork and growth for our employees.
We are currently looking for an Citation XL First Officer (SIC) living in or willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
Does a flexible schedule allowing for time with friends and family, professional growth, and amazing co-workers sound good to you? Are you passionate about flying and providing uncompromised service to our wonderful clients? Then this is the job for you, don’t waste any more time, apply now…….
The Pilot-in-Command (PIC) has command and responsibility for the flight crew, passengers, cargo, the safe conduct of the flight, and provides guidance and coordinates activities of every individual connected with all phases of the aircraft operation. The PIC adheres to proper Cockpit Resource Management (CRM) techniques. The PIC reports to the Chief Pilot and indirectly to the Director of Operations.
- Retain final authority for the safe operation of aircraft.
- Direct the activities of the Second-in-Command (SIC), ensuring all flight crewmembers understand and complete their duties using appropriate CRM.
- Ensure the assigned aircraft is airworthy and all proper documents are on board and is properly stocked for the trip
- Make decisions to the start, delay, cancellation of flight or deviation from planned destination when operating conditions dictate.
- Prepare or supervise all flight plan considerations, including but not limited to, weather, performance, appropriate flight level, appropriate fueling, airport facilities, and navigational aids and flight following procedures are followed.
- Ensure the aircraft weight and balance form/manifest is properly completed, signed, and distributed.
- Report promptly all known or suspected FAA violations or incidents to the Chief Pilot.
- Maintain a current medical certificate as required and notify the Chief Pilot if medical condition may impair ability to perform the flight.
- Ensure all passengers are properly briefed for the proposed flight as well as all provisions for their comfort have been made.
- Ensure all maintenance write-ups are coordinated with and passed on to the maintenance personnel and that Flight Operations is alerted to the current status of the aircraft.
- Ensure appropriate communications with Operations in a timely and efficient method.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
As assigned from time to time by the Assistant Chief Pilot or Chief Pilot.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in the General Operations Manual, FAA regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, and other instructions pertinent to assigned duties.
- Must have ability to interact with Clients and determine if their needs are being met as well as to help resolve any issues with a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- 4000 Total Time
- 3000 Pilot in Command
- 2500 Multi-Engine Pilot in Command
- 2000 Turbine
- 1500 Jet
- 300 Pilot in Command in Type
Work is performed in an aircraft with an on-demand flight schedule ranging through all hours of the day.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Health, Dental, Vision is available first of the month following date of hire. Employer matched 401k, company paid Life and AD&D insurance.
Mountain Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Ident #: