Fixed Wing Pilot-In-Command - DHC-8 - OCONUS
Berry Aviation •
Berry Aviation, Inc. (BAI) is a trusted leader in private aviation, with a portfolio of services that includes Government, Private Charter, Scheduled and On-Demand Freight, Maintenance, and FBO operations. BAI was formed in 1983 in Austin, Texas. Shortly thereafter, in 1987, BAI extended its aviation services by becoming a Department of Defense CARB Approved Air Carrier with worldwide operating authority and has provided specialty aviation services to various branches of the U.S. Military and other U.S. Government organizations. BAI conducts CONUS and OCONUS operations with a fleet of over 31 aircraft, with past and current OCONUS operations including, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Johnston Island, Afghanistan, Peru, and Africa.
Our customers include all branches of the U.S. Military, Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, and other Part 135 and 121 Air Carriers. BAI has twice been awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Award for Excellence. BAI has grown into a dynamic, customer-focused company with the knowledge, experience and manpower to operate on short notice with turnkey safe aviation services. All flight operations are conducted by comprehensively trained and experienced pilots working closely alongside our 24-hour dispatch personnel to maintain a thorough emphasis on safety and on-time arrivals.
We are experiencing continued success and growth as BAI is always expanding our operations into new markets. Services are provided with the utmost security and safety measures.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is a privately held certified small business employing approximately 200+ employees. Today the corporate headquarters that oversees the worldwide operation is located at the San Marcos Municipal Airport (KHYI) 1807 Airport Drive San Marcos, TX 78666.Mission Statement
'To continuously raise the bar for safety and customer satisfaction while demonstrating an uncommon ability to execute under the most challenging circumstances and the most difficult client requirements'.Purpose of the job:
Serve as Pilot in Command on assigned aircraft (predominantly DHC-8) for a DOD contract in Bagram, providing passenger/cargo transport as well as casualty evacuation and aerial delivery support of the government client in an austere environment.
Incumbent will be responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of each flight as assigned.List of Duties:
- Plan flights as assigned and obtains information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions
- Ensure proper preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids
- Ensure all flights are released in accordance with FAR 135 guidelines and all of the necessary documentation is aboard the aircraft for legal and safe completion of each flight
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable)
- Complete the aircraft preflight inspection and performs preflight preparation to include a risk assessment for each flight conducted.
- Complete each flight as assigned by the company/customer, strictly adhering to schedules, routes of flight and load manifests.
- Ensure that all crew members are practicing CRM and are fully briefed on the particulars for each flight and any changes to original flight plans, passenger or cargo loads or condition of the aircraft and/or operating environment.
- Communicate routinely with on site management personnel on any issues with regard to safety of flight, maintenance of aircraft, life support, customer concerns or personnel issues.
- ATP Certificate; Class I Medical Certificate
- 3,000 Total Time
- 2,000 Pilot in Command
- 1,200 Multi-engine Airplane
- 500 Pilot in Command Multi-engine Airplane
- Have at least one year of experience as a FAR part 135 pilot of an aircraft.
- Prior experience/type rating in DHC-8
- Prior experience in Afghanistan/austere environment
- Prior experience with NVG ops
- Prior experience with Air Ambulance
- Holds a current and active U.S. Security clearance at the Secret level, or ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security clearance at the secret level (U.S. Citizenship required).
Physical requirements of the job:
- High School diploma
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree
Incumbent is required to: be able to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs., perform aircraft piloting duties for up to 10 hours a day, be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions while working outside including but not limited to extreme heat, cold and adverse weather conditions.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.
Job Ident #: