Quality Control Assistant (Maintenance Records Clerk)
Mountain Aviation, Inc. •
Here at Mountain Aviation, we strive to provide our customers with a unique charter experience
through an environment that fosters continuous improvement, teamwork and growth for our employees.
Mountain Aviation is looking for a Quality Control Assistant living in the Denver Area
The Quality Control Assistant reports directly to the Director of Maintenance (DOM) and assists the company’s inspection and quality assurance maintenance personnel and operations. The Quality Control Assistant acts as a records clerk, and contributes to safety, reliability, and economy by assisting the manager with conformity and other daily activities, record reviews, internal audits and recordkeeping requirements by effectively utilizing processes, procedures, data bases and electronic equipment.
The ideal candidate will live within 1 hour of RMMA airport (KBJC)
- Help the DOM with records,,audits, and arranging binders.
- Assist with external audits
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and organized records for aircraft, employee training, tool calibration, and vendor files (Drug Program compliance).
- Assist QCM in maintaining revision currency of all approved manuals.
- Assist with inspecting satellite or contract maintenance facilities.
- Maintain a good client relationship with aircraft owners and aircraft maintenance clients
- Recommend policies and procedures within maintenance department and interdepartmental procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Dept. Managers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in all provisions of Mountain Aviation’s GMM and those portions of the GOM relevant to maintenance.
- Knowledgeable in the details of the Operations Specifications that are relevant to maintenance.
- Knowledgeable in maintenance requirements pertaining to FAR Part 135 and other applicable regulations necessary for the proper performance of duties.
- Sufficient training in programs necessary to ensure regulatory compliance
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate.
- 3 years experience as a Certified Mechanic on aircraft of similar type that MA operations and meet recent experience requirements in the category and class of company aircraft or 3 years experience with a certified airframe repair station, including 1 year in the capacity of approving aircraft for return-to-service.
- Be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- 5 Years Airframe and Power plant experience in practical application of these certificates in category and class of company airplanes.
- Current FAA Inspection Authorization (IA).
- Associated degree or equivalent trade school formal education.
- Experience with the inspection programs associated to the types of aircraft Mountain Aviation operates.
- FAR Part 135 aircraft maintenance in a hangar and ramp environment working indoors and outdoors and at times in inclement weather.
- Must be available on-call and ability to travel with short notice.
- Long periods of sedentary activity working at a desk and utilizing a computer.
- Ability to travel and attend aircraft, engine, and equipment training.
- Ability to flex schedule and work weekends.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Good vision and depth perception
- Health, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life Insurance available first of the month following date of hire.
- Company paid Life, AD&D and LTD
- 401k with company match at 3% after 3 months of employment.
This job description does not constitute an employment contract and does not alter the at-will-employment agreement between Mountain Aviation and the incumbent. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Quality Control Assistant. The list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
Job Ident #: