Bell 407 Utility, Fire, Powerline Pilot
Lohman Helicopter •
Pilot position for wildland fire fighting in Forest Mississippi. Starting mid-January, pilot training before and with completion April and/or May of 2019. Depending on performance there may be an option to return for subsequent years of these contracts. Schedule to be: 12 days on / 12 days off. 12/2 schedule would be considered if pilot desired such.
The position will cover operations for our BHT-407 for the early 2019 season. The aircraft is contracted with the DOI and USFS for exclusive use fire suppression work through the spring of 2019. The duties include but are not limited to flight and operational planning, weight and balance data, fuel management, accurate tracking of duty, flight and maintenance times, compliance with all FAR and Company policies as well as a variety of customer service functions.
- Commercial rotorcraft helicopter license; current medical; current driver license with clean driving record
- Required Skills/Experience:
- 2500 hours RW PIC of which 100 hours in BHT-407 or similar; applicant must meet interagency carding requirements for 2018-2019
- Previous vertical reference experience preferred; firefighting and / or utility experience preferred; current interagency card preferred; instrument rating preferred; additional BHT-407 experience preferred;
- Low Level & Recon
- Mountain Terrain
- Helitack/PAX Terrain
- Ext. Load <50’ Belly Hook
- Ext. Load >50’ Longline VTR
- Water/Retardant, Bucket
Daily Rate/Contract Pay DOE
Part Time/Contract Work, Possible opportunity for additional USFS work in Pacific Northwest, June – September/October
Mississippi Contracts start 1/18 and 1/29.
Job Ident #: