Bristow Group is continuously seeking top talent to join our team. Applications are now being accepted for VFR and IFR PICs, as well as IFR SIC helicopter pilots to provide support to the offshore oil & gas industry. This Captain position works a 5 on, 2 off schedule (Monday through Friday) in support of contracts, based in New Orleans, LA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates their assigned aircraft in a safe and efficient manner, in strict compliance with Bristow operational standards and all applicable regulations;
- Places safety and customer service at the forefront in everything they do, both inside and outside the aircraft;
- Maintains situational awareness throughout the entire operational region with respect to weather conditions, NOTAMs, sea state and customer offshore facility status;
- Manages passenger movements, aircraft movements, briefings and baggage loading to ensure safety and compliance;
- Completes necessary flight planning paperwork, preflight, fueling and oversight of manifesting to ensure compliance;
- Maintains with accuracy both electronic and paper records to include journey logs, personal flight and duty sheets, and aircraft technical logbook times;
- Reports all aircraft mechanical irregularities by entering them in the aircraft paper and electronic technical log and ensures aircraft is airworthy before, during and after all flights;
- Facilitates communications with the customer and ensures Bristow is represented in a professional manner;
- Primarily works in the GOM offshore region, but remains available for dispatch to other locations to include, international assignments in accordance with business needs;
- Stays up to date on all Bristow operational and safety procedures; and
- Complies with other duties and assignments as determined by the Lead Pilot / Operations Manager.
- Applicants applying for this position are required to meet the minimum requirements as outlined by (14 CFR 135.243);
- Each applicant is required to hold a 1st class medical certificate;
- Each applicant will be required to complete the position’s screening questionnaire to determine eligibility for consideration;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Must be organized and be able to work with a large and varied workload;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team;
- Each applicant is required to hold an FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate, with a Helicopter Instrument rating;
- 1 Year in the Offshore Oil and Gas environment;
- 1,500 hours PIC helicopter;
- 100 hours offshore; and
- 100 hours within the preceding 12 months.
Bristow Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.