Sr. Procurement Specialist, Aircraft Avionics
Rogerson Kratos •
Senior Procurement Specialist, Aircraft Avionics
The Sr. Procurement Specialist, Aircraft Avionics, (Sr.PSA), supports the Vice President of Aircraft Operations in the identification, negotiation and management of 3rd
party rotary aircraft equipment suppliers and avionic system integrators. The Sr. PSA provides excellent negotiation, contracting, and supplier management skills and expertise in procuring rotary aircraft 3rd party avionic products, maintenance services, and spare parts.
- Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Provides expertise in procuring rotary aircraft 3rd party avionics products, maintenance service, and spare parts meeting performance criteria, price points, quality, quantity, availability, and delivery dates.
Works with management and engineers to develops and refines highly complex technical bids and specifications.
- Writes and distributes highly technical bid invitations or requests for proposal, receives and analyzes quotes, bids, and proposals, leads source selection committees, and awards the major subcontracts.
- Supports the negotiation of supplier contracts terms and conditions and bid proposals meeting company delegated signature authority policies.
- Supports management of compliance to contracted terms and conditions after contract award.
- Prepares reports and analysis and recommendations to senior management on major account’s status.
- Utilizes business systems to process procurement transitions/purchase orders.
Qualifications- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two to Five years of procurement experience with a rotary aircraft manufacturer or avionics system integrator.
- Expertise in rotary aircraft avionics and spare parts procurement.
Skilled in negotiation and contracting with demonstrated track record in negotiating cost reduction with suppliers.
- Business acumen and judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of major subcontracts management.
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications, bids and proposals.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Requirements planning and purchase order processing utilizing ERP systems requires a working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems for determining requirements for recurring production, as well as, new product development.
- Microsoft office suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Assertive personality; diplomacy in communication with suppliers and cross functional teams.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in related technical field, and MBA preferred, or 5 to 10 years of relevant procurement experience.
Job Ident #: