Senior Accountant - Marana, Arizona 22410
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Senior Accountant for an opportunity in Marana, AZ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile financial statements, review data and ensure financial compliance
- Execute month-end and year-end closing, including monthly reporting and analysis
- Perform monthly journal entries accurately and in a timely manner
- Identify month-end close accruals and take ownership of process on an ongoing basis
- Maintain various support schedules necessary to prepare monthly journal entries (prepaid expenses, accruals, payroll, etc.)
- Maintain Asset List and ensure all expenditures are capitalized
- Calculate and prepare expense allocations
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and summarize account information
- Produce various financial reports for management (e.g., Daily Check Register)
- Reconcile Accounts including but not limited to AP, AR, WIP, Inventory, Intercompany Transactions, Bank Accounts, etc.
- Prepare capital lease and loan amortization schedules
- Assist the Controller with analyzing monthly financial statements and month-over-month variances to ensure accuracy before publishing financial statements
- Project/Cost Accounting including preparing monthly accruals, project profitability, analysis of variances and reports for presentation
- Support AP staff with day to day priorities, transaction processes, developing and implementing better processes
- Assist CFO and Controller with audit including but not limited to preparing audit support and documentation as needed.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant field
- Five or more years GL accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ERP Systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to multitask and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment, being adaptable, and flexible to navigate changing priorities.
- Must have five years of accounting experience and two years’ experience leading a team.
- The Senior Accountant should be well versed in reviewing reports and journal entries prepared by Staff or Junior Accountants.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 331-210-5538
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)