Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on our company, our people, and our mission.
We are seeking a Analyst, Quality (Black Belt) to join our Quality & Mission Assurance Team to work at our state-of-the-art Advanced Manufacturing Facility (AMF) in Huntsville, AL.
The Quality Analyst role is responsible for supporting, developing and implementing quality standards by applying quality control and assurance methods and requirements, lean manufacturing concepts and six-sigma tools and analyses. The incumbent will review, analyze and report quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems. They will also investigate problems; make recommendations and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. The position will interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier and subcontractor representatives to ensure customer requirements are met.
What we can offer you:
Inspiring Company Culture - Our people support each other and work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation’s aerospace and defense legacy. Read more about our culture: Careers Aerojet Rocketdyne
Rest and Relaxation - 3 weeks of vacation to start plus separate sick allowance. 9/80 schedule providing for longer weekends. Annual week-long holiday company closure, plus company paid holidays.
Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and Wellness
Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with company match
Professional Development - Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development program
Employee Resource Groups – Local and Enterprise employee-led volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to support a culture where everyone belongs.
This role may be filled at this level or one level higherEssential Job Functions (Including of Time for Each)
Working under limited general supervision:
ANALYSIS – 45
- Provides solutions to quality analysis problems involving unusual complexity
- Keeps current within the area of specialty in support of quality project assignments
- Performs comprehensive and complex quality analyses activities including supporting quality investigations and studies for the material review board
- Supports analyses for determining the effectiveness of corrective actions and provides written reports with supporting conclusions
- Performs complex statistical analyses to improve quality control
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – 15
- Conceives and plans quality projects involving the development of new approaches and methods to attain objectives
- Provides input to objectives and long-range quality goals
- May plan, conduct and coordinate quality projects or major phases of significant project assignments, coordinating the efforts of support staff in the performance of assigned activities
QUAILTY SYSTEMS – 15
- Applies quality and mission assurance practices and procedures to support quality systems development and implementation
- Performs documentation review and resolves quality issues in support of the quality documentation control center
- Performs assessments and develops metrics in support of the purposes, objectives and standards of quality assurance programs
REPORTING – 15
- Prepares presentation materials in support of internal and external meetings
- Develops standard reporting, dashboards, etc… that support meeting our quality objectives.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT – 10
- Supports the quality team development through the teaching of Lean and Six Sigma tools and methods, both basic and advanced, including statistical applications as it pertains to problem solving and continuous improvement. Key words include Hoshin Kanri, VSM, Waste, Flow, Mistake Proofing, Standard Work, Statistical Process Control, Process Capability, MSA, and DOE.