Oversees and manages of Republic’s MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) network to provide best -in- class repair partnerships.
- Measures, tracks, and influences supplier performance by evaluating suppliers for quality, pricing and delivery timelines.
- Represents the company in business transactions with suppliers in an empowered fashion
- Actively produces opportunities and strategies to minimize costs through repair quote analysis, negotiations, etc.
- Initiates, negotiates, establishes, and manages supplier agreements/ contracts
- Helps manage and meet departmental goals
- Develops and promotes strategic partnerships with current and future suppliers
- Works closely with internal Republic Airways stakeholders to understand business objectives, operational needs, product/service requirements and the broader operational processes
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive/creative suggestions for change
- Develops metrics and analytics to determine quality of parts and dependability of suppliers. Monitors and ensures that Internal and External Turnaround Time objectives are met.
- Takes on special projects or key responsibilities within the team, as required, addressing specific needs and goals
- Able to time manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks as needed
- Utilizes knowledge of Republic business needs, professional negotiation skills and daily system transactions to minimize cost and maximize efficiency.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, a related field or a combination of education and experience.
- Requires 2 years of experience in Analytics, Vendor Management, Contract Management, or related experience.
- Proficient in Office 365, specifically Excel: Pivot Tables, Vlookup, etc.
- Thrive on individual value add and recognizable contributions to the company’s bottom line
- Competitive drive and desire to win
- Understanding of Theory of Constraints concepts, as well as Six Sigma and Lean Certifcations
- Previous experience handling RFPs and contract negotiations
- Ability to define/recognize problems, pursue and collect data, establish facts, organize findings and draw valid conclusions with potentially high financial and operational impact
- Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks in project management, supplier management, total cost management, and financial analysis
- Understanding and use of technical tools for analysis, problem solving, forecasting and quality improvement
- Demonstrate the ability to be both strategic and decisive
- This position requires an ability to be both strategic and transactional in a changing environment.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers or members of the business community.
- Able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or suppliers.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Makes decisions to support strategic decisions. Decisions tend to be medium range and of medium significance with moderate consequences.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to move about the work environment.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
- Hours fluctuate based on demand and vendor performance. Must be available to handle calls and emails during off hours.
Able to travel up to 20 of the time, including overnight travel.