Kay and Associates, Inc. (KAI) was established in 1960 by our founder Donald Kay to provide high quality, cost effective solutions in response to the need for technical services requirements of industry and government customers worldwide. KAI is a leading provider of mission-critical operations to key U.S. Federal Agencies and allied Militaries. KAI’s 60+ year pedigree addresses the full spectrum of aviation sustainment operations, supporting a wide range of missions and platforms.
KAI is looking to for a Contract Administrator to join our corporate team.
Task Description: Contract Administrator:
The Contract Administrator will be responsible for developing, preparing, and administering contracts, bids, and cost proposals compliant with FAR Part 15. The Contract Administrator will act as a liaison between KAI and our customers as we negotiate and implement contracts. The Contract Administrator will be responsible for maintaining contract records and ensuring compliance with reporting a regulatory requirements. The Contract Administrator will be responsible for daily administration of contract modifications and processing all price adjustments.
- Administer, extend, negotiate, and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Provide advice to management regarding contractual rights and obligations, compile and analyze data, and maintain historical information.
- Participate in proposal preparation (review, analysis, interpretation, and contractual advice on terms and conditions), contract negotiations, and contract administration.
- Review and approve contractual documentation to protect the company and provide for proper contract acquisition in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Provide contractual advice in accordance with company policies and procedures, and interface with both internal and external customers to ensure contract execution.
- Serve as the organization’s spokesperson on matters pertaining to policies, plans, and objectives.
- Daily administration of contract modifications.
- Process price adjustments.
- Ensure timely and compliant deliverables for all contracts assigned.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years relevant experience in US Government contract administration and management.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with FAR and DFARS, specifically FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 15.
- Experience with various contract types such as Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, and Cost Plus Incentive Fee.
- Capable and effective proposal development skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of staff, as well as with outside sources.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in order to meet tight deadlines.
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and multi-task under pressure.
- Must have the ability to get an active US Department of Defense security clearance within 365 days of employment.
- Experience in US Government Department of Defense contract administration and management.
- National Contract Management Association- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) desired.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed; and (e) KAI commencing performance on this contract.
KAI is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.kayinc.com. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.