Responsible for: Assisting the Senior Environmental Compliance Specialist and for crafting and implementing environmental health and safety programs for employees in the organization. Must make sure that program goals protect employee health and prevent workplace hazards and injuries. Duties include assisting in the development of environmental policies and procedures for workplace safety, drafting company manuals and communicating the latest government regulatory changes. Other duties include training employees, investigating workplace accidents, and flagging areas that pose as safety risks and create environmental hazardous conditions. This candidate should have a solid knowledge of industrial and environmental safety fundamentals and practices, with a firm grasp of local, KSA health laws, and environmental safety regulations. Should have strong computer, budgeting, project management, mathematical and analytical skills. The ability to review, interpret, summarize and present technical and statistical information to various audiences, including the general public, is required. In addition, will be required to train department staff.
1. Administers environmental programs for hazardous waste, biomedical waste, wastewater monitoring, and pollution prevention.
2. Tracks, investigates, and follows up on workplace injuries and illnesses.
3. Tracks status and compliance with environmental health requirements for employees.
4. Recognizes, investigates and recommends mitigation of environmental and occupational health and safety hazards.
5. Conducts or arranges for in-service environmental occupational health and safety training classes, and maintains training records required for regulatory compliance.
6. Conducts routine facility inspections and stocks environmental hazard kits as needed.
7. Conducts periodic hazardous materials inventories and maintains database of material safety data sheets.
8. May perform routine sample collection for formaldehyde monitoring, noise monitoring, and other exposure monitoring as required.
9. Coordinates routine hazardous waste shipments and hazardous waste inspections.
10. May perform daily wastewater monitoring activities, including data monitoring, equipment inspections and preventative maintenance.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of regulatory requirements for respiratory protection, POL hazardous waste, work place safety, materials handling, etc.
12. Perform other tasks as assigned
B. Independence: Follows instructions of the Senior Environmental Compliance Technician. Authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: none