Job Category:Human Resources
At Republic Airways, our vision is to be America’s regional airline of choice, and our 6,000 associates work together each day to achieve that by providing a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. Whether the role is on the aircraft or in the office, every person at Republic contributes to our success and our family-oriented work environment.
Since our founding in 1974, we’ve grown to become the world’s largest operator of the Embraer 170/175 jet, flying more than 1000 flights daily for our partners, American Airline, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. Beyond our operations, we’re focused on sharing our time, talents and treasures with our community—both locally and globally.
Join Republic Airways where you will find opportunities, reach new heights and be part of something bigger than yourself. Republic Airways, opportunity elevated.
Provides advanced day-to-day HRIS system support related to development, implementation, and maintenance of human resource systems activities.
This role will be considered for hybrid work arrangements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
- Implements Workday system configuration including modules updates, business process/workflow setup and modification, security, etc. as determined by business requirements.
- Manages HCM integrations and makes changes when required by the business.
- Serves as liaison between vendors and/or internal customers to identify requirements and make system changes to processes.
- Supports end users through analysis, and if necessary, re-creation of the issue to determine the root cause (i.e. system configuration, data integrity, network, etc.) and provide resolution to the end user.
- Develops, reviews and updates system documentation in the event of changes or new implementation.
- Troubleshoots system and integration issues by identifying root cause and implements/oversees required correction to prevent recurrence.
- Designs and delivers HR Metrics and Reporting solutions for use in business planning, analysis and forecasting.
- Creates dashboards and report templates for all levels of management.
- Serves as the SME for HR reporting and data needs. Provides solutions for other departments as requested by management.
- Reviews submitted business processes for accuracy and approves/sends back as appropriate.
- Determines necessary changes to prevent recurrences of issues based on the root cause.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the internal compliance, Code of Conduct, HIPAA and documentation standards.
- Leads projects which impacts data maintenance on HRIS system, including mass updates.
- Monitors technology trends in HRIS and leverages vendor relationships and user communities to maintain and expand knowledge base and also enhance capabilities of HR systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor&39;s degree in management or human resource information systems, Human Resources, Finance,
Business or a Computer related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 4 years of related HR and HRIS experience.
- Experience with Workday HCM/FIN configuration, business processes and reporting.
- Experience in system life-cycle phase, requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation, deployment and system upgrade.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Advanced analytical skills including excellent problem solving skills with an understanding of core HR business practices (HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, HR Shared Services)
- Advanced knowledge of reporting tool usage. Ability to analyze and troubleshoot system issues and provide solutions
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employment and Disability Accommodations
Republic Airways is committed to achieving a diverse workforce by providing equal employment opportunities to all Associates and applicants, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to providing applicants and Associates reasonable accommodation to enable the individual to perform the essential duties of the job. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.