What Will You Be Doing?
Collect, compile, and analyze data relevant to crew staffing and budgeting to include crew utilization and crew efficiency. Assist manager of crew staffing with development of staffing and budget plans. The Analyst is expected to provide timely, accurate analyses and effectively collaborate with stakeholders including Flight Ops and Inflight leadership, business partners and various operating groups. Work closely with the Finance and Network Planning teams to identify and resolve obstacles related to crew efficiency, crew hotels and operational performance.
· Support Manager in maintaining long & short-term crew staffing models & plans, month end reporting of cost and credit analysis, and ad hoc data & analytics as required. Investigate the root causes of staffing & credit related variances and propose profit-maximizing resolutions.
· Evaluate the financial implications of crew staffing related projects including productivity, efficiency and operational performance and develop management recommendations.
· Improve the speed and accuracy of budgeting and forecasting; collaborate with business stakeholders throughout the financial planning process.
· Coordinate with Finance on development of Pilot and Flight Attendant salary, hotel and per diem budgets.
· Respond to data requests from internal Frontier customers in Flight Operations, Inflight, SOC, Marketing and Finance.
· Assist with financial and operational implications of proposed marketing schedules on hotels and staffing to support long-term profitability. Conduct scenario analyses to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty.
· Assist with analysis on potential work rule changes to identify the associated headcount, cost, and operational impact.
· Conduct scenario analyses to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty.
· Investigate the root causes of cost variances and propose cost-reducing resolutions.
· Assist Manager in the development of ongoing measurement and reporting of departmental objectives.
· Produce daily/weekly/monthly management reports related to budget performance, operational performance, crewmember productivity, crew hotel expense, and contract compliance.
· Establish and maintain industry contacts in an effort to understand Frontiers relative crew productivity.
· Assist with other ad hoc projects and processes as needed
· Bachelors degree required; prefer degree in finance, accounting or another quantitative field
· Graduate degree in quantitative discipline strongly preferred
· 3+ years of relevant experience (finance, consulting or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience
· At least three years of crew planning or crew scheduling experience required, including experience developing both short and long-range crew staffing plans
· Equivalent financial/business related analytical experience can be substituted for crew planning/scheduling/hotel experience
· Previous crew optimization systems or similar staffing optimization experience preferred
· High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to maintain composure under pressure and able to prioritize multiple tasks
· Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
· Ability to clarify ambiguous or inconsistent situations
· Ability to identify, compile and analyze relevant data to develop decision-support models
· Strong Excel Skills
· Remote options available
· Up to 10 travel
Generally, not required.
General Supervision: The incumbent performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
$67,080.00 - $83,850.00
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.