Position Title: Operations Analyst Internship
Position Purpose: Conducts analysis on operational processes, procedures and policies for operational efficiency and performance
Department/Location: Indianapolis, IN - HQ
Job Category: Fall 2019 Internship - September 2019 – December 2019
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our business strategy was developed by an experienced team of senior airline executives and incorporates sound business strategies and insights for the development and management of airlines operating throughout the United States. Our Vision, Mission, Guiding Principles and Culture Statement guide each decision we make and each flight we operate.
Program Overview: Republic Airways is proud to offer an internship program that prepares students for the workforce. While we provide resources to help interns sharpen skills and make meaningful contributions in their department, we also provide the following during the internships:
- Mentorship program
- Ability to shadow various departments
- The possibility of traveling for work
- Access to the corporate Fitness Center
- Identifies process improvements and cost savings and acts as resource for leaders on the planning and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Consolidates data from various sources and creates clear, concise, consolidated, meaningful reports.
- Identifies opportunities that improve processes, data accuracy and efficiency within Flight Operations.
- Develops new reporting and analytical tools to improve process efficiency and accuracy.
- Understands and interprets financial information and ability to be a liaison across departments with finance and human resources.
- Analyzes monthly results of certain expenses including labor costs, overtime, etc.
- Attends budgeting and forecasting meetings with respective cost center owners.
- Performs other duties, analyses, reports, and presentations as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Operational Analysis, Operations Management, Industrial Management, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or related
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a business group
- Strong analytical skill
- Ability to work in Indianapolis, IN
- Ability to work a minimum 20 hours per week
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Able to read and interpret technical, regulatory and contractual documentation. Able to maintain confidentiality.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought without established precedents or procedures. Decisions tend to be short term and usually of moderate cost. Able to work independently or as part of a team to drive results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10 of the time, including overnight travel