Reno, Nevada & St. Augustine, Florida
Salary Range: $25.62 to $38.00 / DOE
Tactical Air’s vision for the future is to be the world’s premier “Center of Excellence” for commercial tactical aviation training and support services.
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides government and aviation industry partners with unparalleled consulting and training experiences and is seeking experienced Avionics Mechanics to join its growing maintenance teams in Reno, Nevada and St. Augustine, Florida.
Tactical Air’s mission is to provide domestic and international “Center of Excellence” training and advisory services in tactical aviation, while supporting U.S. interests, and providing meaningful career opportunities for our employees. It is our goal to support and train U.S. forces and partner nations with premium services.
The Maintenance Division supports Tactical Air’s Air Operations’ fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced A&P-certified and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations.
The ideal candidate for the Avionics Mechanic position will be professional, highly-productive, and responsive to the needs of the company, its customers, and co-workers. This position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, troubleshooting, and replacement of aircraft electrical/avionics systems on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of three years’ previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- Vocational school or associate degree advantageous.
- Government-approved certification advantageous.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties mandatory.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government secret security clearance; background check and pre-employment drug testing required.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence..
The successful candidate for this position must be able to relocate to the St. Augustine, Florida area. Tactical Air will not provide reimbursement for travel or relocation expenses.
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in avionics maintenance and solving problems, Tactical Air invites you to apply. All applicants must submit a current resume and completed employment application, which may be obtained at https://tacticalairsupport.com/jobs/.
This position will remain open until filled.
If any candidate requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources at (775) 971-0100.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer