Avionics Design Engineer-( Ft. Worth or Wichita)
We are pioneers. We were the
first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack.
We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor
systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand
mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb
talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift
is seeking a self-motivated Avionics Design Engineer to join Bell’s Advanced
Vertical Lift Systems team. The individual will support the development
of new military products and platforms. This position will be part of a
diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a fast-paced environment. Experience at all
levels will be considered with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Development of avionics system requirements, architectures,
interfaces, performance specifications, plans/procedures, and schematics.
- Development of test requirements to drive systems
integration lab and flight test aircraft instrumentation design.
- Perform system hardware and software integration and validation/verification
testing of multiple systems operating together in a systems integration/simulation
lab, including aircraft/system qualification and certification.
- Coordinating with avionics system suppliers in the
development, integration and testing of displays, flight instruments,
communication and navigation systems, sensor and sighting systems, and vehicle
- Assist in the creation of system models to include complete
traceability from customer requirements to sub-system level avionics design
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical
Engineering or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Master's Degree in Electrical
Engineering or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline preferred.
- Experience with supporting all
phases of development from initial proposal development through successful
design, qualification, integration testing, flight test, and production.
- Experience with qualification to
standards such as RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810,
MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, RTCA DO-178, and RTCA DO-254.
- Experience with some, or all, of the
- PFD, MFD, EICAS, Cockpit controls,
- EGI, GPS, IFF, ADS-B, TCAS, ILS,
TACAN, Radar Altimeter, Air Data
- Communications Systems: VHF/UHF radios,
SATCOM, Datalinks, ICS
- Experience with System Engineering (SE)
and Configuration Management (CM) processes.
- Experience with Model Based Systems
- Experience with System Safety
Assessments and Failure Hazard Analysis.
- Experience using electrical test
equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Experience with Cameo System Modeler
tool and SySML modeling language.
- Experience with Flight Test
Simulators and Avionics Training devices.
- Experience with open systems
architecture and protocols (JCA, FACE, HOST, MOSA).
- Experience in military platform
- Experience with avionics electrical
interfaces including analog, digital, discrete I/O.
- Experience with data bus protocols
such as ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, RS-232/422/485), Gigabit Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP
- Demonstrated engineering intuition,
critical thinking, comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Ability to coordinate and
collaborate between engineering teams, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to conduct trade studies.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)