Avionics Installation Technician Leads – Smyrna, TN
HQ Aero Management Inc. •
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced Avionics Installation Technician Leads for openings in Smyrna, TN.
This is a CONTRACT TO HIRE or DIRECT Position.
- The Avionics Install Lead, under minimal supervision, removes and installs avionics equipment and electrical components, fabricates wire harnesses and terminations, troubleshoots installations, and completes functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this role, the Install Lead performs basic sheet metal tasks, such as drilling, riveting, and operates basic sheet metal hand tools. Also, may perform painting and finish work on instrument panels.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Wire, install, test, and verify operation of avionics equipment and accessories; identify and correct electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials; all the while communicating with co-workers and in some cases with manufacturers in a timely, effective way.
- Modify existing instrument panels or fabricate new panels; fabricate equipment shelves as required; and fabricate and install other hardware to support and enable aviation electronics systems.
- Assure that installations are done in accordance with procedures described in the company's FAA Repair Station Manual as well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution – all in order to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and honesty.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion shop.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
- Criminal Background Check required.
- Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening and background checks mandatory.
- FAA Mechanic / Repairman's Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings and/or FAA Licensed Pilot, preferably with an Instrument Rating desired.
- Minimum 5 years of successful avionics installation, repair or maintenance experience – preferably as a lead, supervisor or manager - with deep knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Client, Avidyne, Aspen Avionics, Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands preferred.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)